Tuna, Chilli, Parsley, Lemon and Garlic Buckwheat Pasta
Buckwheat is a huge staple in my diet, not only is it gluten free it is grain free. For those of you who don't know, Buckwheat is a seed and closely related to the Rhubarb plant. I use it as a substitute to pastas and noodles. It has a nutty flavour and holds together well, the kids even like it!
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of chopped Rocket (extra to serve)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp of chilli flakes
- Nolan Road Olive oil
- 2 cans or small jars of organic tuna
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pkt of 100 % buckwheat noodles cooked to directions on the packet
- In a frypan saute garlic in a decent splash of olive oil add tuna, parsley, spinach, chilli and rocket, combine then add in lemon juice
- Add buckwheat noodles to the mix and toss through, drizzling more olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Serve with fresh rocket and a splash of olive oil. YUM.