- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
tahini kale salad coconut wraps
I know how important it is getting nutrient dense vegetables into my diet and raw food truly is great for you however according to studies too much raw spinach or kale is not great. Reason being is that they both contain oxalic acid which binds with the calcium and minerals in our food causing it to crystallise and therefore making it unavailable for digestion which can then lead to a range of health issues. So lightly steaming your kale and spinach before adding to your meal or smoothie deactivates the oxalic acid making them more nutritious!
By adding tahini into your salad base you are not only getting a bang of protein, you are also getting a rich source of B vitamins.
- 3 coconut wraps
- 4 stalks of kale white part removed and sliced thin
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 small beetroot grated
- 5 baby cos lettuce leaves sliced thin
- 1 small avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- gently saute' kale in a splash of water in a saucepan with lid on, set aside
- in a small bowl whisk together tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider and salt and pepper
- in a small mixing bowl mix carrots, kale, beetroot and lettuce with tahini dressing and toss with your hands
- put a handful of each across the coconut wraps, layer with avocado slices, roll into cylinders and slice in half. YUM.