Salmon Patties With Sneaky Spinach
I have been making these for years. It is a perfect opportunity to sneak in some spinach! This can always be prepared at lunch time by placing the formed patties in the fridge and then cooking when ready.
- 4 medium red potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped to match potato
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 3 salmon fillets skinless
- 1 tsp of anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons or organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hot mustard
- 1 cup of gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 bay leaves 6 peppercorns for (poaching only)
- In a saucepan place potato and sweet potato cover with water and cook until soft, drain then lightly mash.
- In a frypan place garlic and onion and saute' add spinach and stir through for 30 seconds.
- Add onion mix to potato mix as well as anchovy paste , tomato sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan place salmon fillets and cover with water, add bay leaves and peppercorns and poach through then drain and pat with a paper towel.
- Add salmon to potato mix and mash all ingredients together.
- Form into patties then toss through the gluten free crumb mix.
- In a large frypan add a decent splash of grapeseed oil and gently fry the patties on a medium heat until golden.
- Serve with salad or steamed greens.