- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Go to banana cake with blueberries
I have been baking versions of this banana cake for years. It all started with my first pregnancy and some over ripe bananas about 12 years ago. Instantly I was converted from salty, savoury girl to syrupy, sweet girl and not much has changed since then apart from the variety of banana cakes/breads. I have posted variations on my website but never the one that has been the biggest hit. For years everyone has wanted the banana cake recipe but because I change it from bake to bake it is never the same. Today, for all you lovely ladies out there, you know who you are, this is a version for you, moist and heavenly ........tweak it anyway you like.
- 4 mashed overripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of sheep yogurt
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flour ( I used Bob Red Mill self raising flour)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of creme' fraiche
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup For frosting
- beat eggs until light and fluffy, add maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, grapeseed or coconut oil and beat until combined
- add in mashed banana, beat again
- add almond meal, shredded coconut, and gluten free flour, beat lightly
- stir through blueberries and pour out into a square shallow loaf baking dish lined with baking paper and place in preheated oven @ 180 deg for 40-45 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
- in a mixing bowl beat creme' fraiche, maple syrup and lemon zest until spreadable
- when cake is completely cool cover with creme'. Store in the fridge for a couple of days. YUM.