- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Curry carrot soup
It has been a long time since my last post. My excuses range from, getting back into the swing of things after the school holidays, to kids bringing home germs and making their mum unwell, to technical issues with my website and lastly sometimes I JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED.
There, I said it. Now thats off my chest I can get on with it! Today, I have made for you a super easy, super delicious and nutritious curried, carrot soup. Plenty for leftovers the next day or so. Just what the doctor ordered........
All of my food sits so pretty in anything made by Jo Floch @jofloxox ... how gorgeous is this bowl??
- 1 litre of organic chicken broth
- 1 cup of water ( optional depending on the thickness preference of your soup)
- 4 large carrots peeled and chopped chunky
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 cup of savoy cabbage chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped chunky
- Olive oil salt and pepper
- in a large heavy based saucepan saute' onion and garlic in olive oil then add celery and saute' some more
- add curry powder more oil and carrots, then add stock/water, bring to boil then reduce to a simmer
- add zucchini and cabbage and cook until carrot is soft
- whizz to a combination of smooth and chunky. Season with salt and pepper. YUM.