- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
celebration pavlova cake
I was torn about posting this pavlova simply because it has sugar in it. All of my recipes do not contain refined sugars however because my son just celebrated his 10th birthday yesterday and my website is called "Good Most ofThe Time' I saw it was most fitting to add it! Many people have this misconception of me, most think I am "Good All Of The Time' but I can assure you this is not the case. I love chocolate, I love Champagne and I love potato chips and yes just like everyone else I will have them when the opportunity arises! BUT because I am "healthy" and my system is relatively clean I feel the effects more than anyone else so then within a day or two I get myself back on track. Living a life of balance is important to me. Being too restrictive is boring and anti social and then food becomes the enemy. I never eat gluten but don't go waving a hot chip in front of me or I might bite your hand off......
- 4 eggs whites at room temperature
- 1 cup of organic golden granulated sugar
- 1 cup of pure thicken cream
- strawberries halved
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries thawed
- 2 passionfruit pulps
- beat egg whites until soft peaks form
- gradually add sugar and beat until thick and glossy
- spoon out onto a lined baking tray into a circle about 2.5 cm high, scraping the sides up as you go around
- bake in a preheated oven at 160deg for 1 hr, turn off heat and allow to cool for another half hour with door open before transferring to a wire rack to cool
- beat cream until soft peaks form, spread over the pavlova, add fruit and celebrate, life is too short. YUM.