- Prep Time: 24hrs minutes
almond milk with a hint of vanilla, cinnamon and date
I have a friend who loves what I do and this is a requested recipe from her. She is a dedicated follower to my posts and I can truly say that this makes me happy. Being healthy is top priority for me but being able to share and educate is more fulfilling. This post is so simple and delicious. There are so many readily made almond milks now but making it so effortlessly at home is more satisfying as well as cheaper.
- 5oo grams of organic almonds (3 cups)
- filtered water for soaking
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of date paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt
- nutbag or muslin cloth
- place almonds into a large bowl, cover with water and leave to soak overnight
- rinse and strain
- place almonds and 4 cups of filtered water in a high powered blender with date paste, cinnamon, vanilla and salt
- whizz on high speed for a few minutes until all nuts are broken down
- pour into a nutbag or muslin cloth over a large bowl and squeeze out the milk then transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge. YUM.